Friday, April 3, 2009

It's Official.

I do NOT have cancer.

For those of you who were wondering what the crap was going on, I found a lump and was extremely worried that I might have cancer.

A little background...

I am adopted. I have known this since I was a baby. I have tried to contact my birthmother from time to time in my life, all to no avail. I even stated that I just needed to know some medical history, not become one of those Maury Povich "Successful Reunion" stories. F that. I just wanted to know what I, and my children, are in for. Health-wise anyhow.

Dramatic as it sounds, it's not so bad. I don't care that I don't know her. She was young and either couldn't take care of me or did not want me or both. No big. I've had 27 years to deal, and I have.

Until I found that lump.

Over the past two weeks, it had grown, so I was even more worried about it. I have since found out that had it stayed the same size, it would've been more to worry about. Little did I know. Sheesh.

Anyhow, I had a mammogram, ultrasound, and biopsy yesterday and it's Prognosis: Negative. (I couldn't help the Seinfeld reference)

I couldn't be happier! It's the biggest stress off my back that you could imagine.

There's still a lingering suspicion there in my mind, because, if you don't know me well enough, I'm a HUGE worrier. H-U-G-E. So, in my steadfastness, I will continue to monitor it.

I was told that it's an infected/clogged mammary gland that has probably been clogged/infected for quite some time, as I was unable to breastfeed either of my kids. Probably hereditary. Stupid heredity.

Anyhow, everything is back to normalcy on the homefront. Thanks for the support, even though you didn't know what the crap was going on. :)

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

That is wonderful- I'm so glad to hear everything is alright!

With being adopted myself I've wondered the exact same thing you have about my biological mom. Health issues are more apparent to me then ever before. It's SO important to take care of yourself and go get the yearly check ups us ladies have to do and go in immediately if something seems off, good job friend!

The Hawkins said...

Hi Ems,
I am SO glad to hear you are ok!! WHEW!!! Lumps are scary stuff. I had a lump removed from my ta-ta when I was 18. Thank goodness it was negitive! Make sure you (or your hubby!!!) check yourself out at least once a month K?!

Love ya!

PS: LOVE THE DUCK HUNT!!!!!

Kerri said...

My mom is adpoted and when she was diagnosed with Breast Cancer, we located her birth mother for the same reasons you did. We wanted to know if it ran in the family.
I am glad to hear that it was not cancer and you are healhty. Cancer is a horrible thing.
My mom is going through her 3rd treatment right now.

Kristin said...

I'm glad to hear it wasn't cancer!

emnemily's playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones