Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Grand Canyon Trip

Well, we went to the Grand Canyon for the first time this last week. It was a lot of driving, but well worth it! We started by walking into an amazing resort condo thanks to Andrew's parents. It was two bedrooms and two bathrooms, and I think it may have finally given Andrew the kick start he needed to get a new house! The second day was driving to the Grand Canyon! Unfortunately, on the way up the mountain, my back window got shattered, which kind of put a damper on things. Here's a pic of our temporary solution to the problem...

We have different theories on how it happened - I think a kid in a passing car threw something and got the million-to-one shot he'd been waiting for. Andrew thinks either a rock got kicked up from the road, or a really big piece of hail hit my window just right. Regardless, we had no back window for a time. On to the Grand Canyon! Once we got there, it was gorgeous! I couldn't have imagined how pretty it was going to be, but I was not let down. The whole way there, we had Ridley totally pumped up, as you can see in this video...

Some more pics of the North Rim -




The following day Andrew and I had to ourselves, so we went to Zion's National Park, as he had never been. Here are some pics -



All in all, it was a great and well deserved vacation for all of us! Coming home was hard, but I'm sure we'll have plenty more trips to come!

No comments:

emnemily's playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones